elections are held each year in September, at the end of
the LAHR fiscal year. Generally, the board conducts the
new officer elections after the annual AIDS Walk. Throughout
the year we are always in need of good people to fill our
board to its full capacity.
We would like to invite you to join our team by becoming
a LAHR Board member. If you're interested, please contact
us for more information.
Here are some of the things you will be doing as a board
- Attend all Board meetings
- Serve on at least one committee and volunteer for at
least one event
- Attend all major LAHR events (i.e., Prism Awards, Auction,
major fundraisers, etc.)
- Set policy, assist with decisions for the organization.
- Recruit new Board members and Volunteer Support Staff
to fill vacancies and to run for the subsequent Board
- Raise money
- Be an active representative of LAHR to the community
- Maintain awareness of current community service opportunities
and assist LAHR in meeting the needs of the community.
We value diversity and respect each other's differences.
We believe our strength lies in our inclusiveness and in
our ability to collaborate, teach and learn from one another.
If you are at all curious about what our Board meetings
are like, we would love to see you visit us at our next
Board meeting. Our meetings are the 2nd Sunday of the month.
us to learn where we will be meeting next.